Planning a destination wedding is as exhausting as it is exciting. From accommodations to food, schedules to decor, pulling off your big day at your dream location is no small feat. With so many logistics to work through, you want to ensure you hire a destination wedding photographer capable of capturing all the magic and beauty you worked so hard to achieve. Make sure you hire the right photographer for the job by asking these 5 questions:
- What experience do you have with destination weddings? A wedding photographer may have plenty of experience shooting local weddings, but a destination wedding adds many factors that need to be considered from a photography perspective. You want a destination wedding photographer who is a pro at quickly acclimating to a new location and culture and can adapt their photography style to suit your destination.
- How do you accommodate travel logistics? A destination wedding photographer not only needs to be skilled in handling the photography needs of your wedding, but they also need to be pro travelers. You have plenty on your plate without worrying about your photographer’s ability to get to your location. Ask them about how they plan their travel to ensure they are ready for the big day.
- Are you familiar with our destination? Depending on your destination, a wedding photographer may have experience shooting there in the past. Knowing their familiarity with your location can provide peace of mind that they will be able to handle the travel and photography needs with ease. If they haven’t been to your destination before, ask about their preparation process for destination weddings.
- How do you capture the culture and flair of the destination? You chose your destination for the culture and surroundings, so you’ll want to make sure your photographer captures the beauty and essence of the region. If there is a particular aspect of the location that you want commemorated in your wedding photography, be sure to discuss this with your photographer.
- What is included in your destination wedding photography packages? As a customer, you deserve total clarity about your destination wedding photographer’s fees and deliverables. Their photography packages should cover the total cost of their services, including their travel needs.